Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Second impression

For 1 day the Eee pc is mine. I used it for pidgin (IM), firefox (browsing) and Amarok (music). At this moment, I don't feel the need to change the OS. Xandros does, what is has to do on those applications.

But, as I ordered a France Eee pc, I did feel the need to change the language. I made it English. Dutch ain't included so that's not an option, but hé, English is fine by me.

Press CTRL+ALT+T where ever you want to, so it opens a console. In the console you type:

/opt/xandros/bin/locale_dialog

This will open a dialog, where you can make your choise. After that you probably have to reboot.

There is an excellent wiki, where you can find all about the Eeepc, even how to install ubuntu en Eeebuntu. Go check it out: http://wiki.eeeuser.com/

As you can see, there is a small tag on one of the screw on the back panel



No mini-PCIe included, but you can upgrade the memory. Notice the sticker on the memory ;-)



Have fun.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Timothy Parez said...

Damn it... I really need dutch for my parents.

What's the empty space for above the RAM module?

JO3RI said...

Well there is a update source list for nl, so maybe it is possible to get those instead of the English or french ones.

Or maybe you have can manually configure locals.

http://update.eeepc.asus.com/p701/

The empty space WAS the place to put an mini PCIe card. I say was, because in latest versions, there is no connector any more.