Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Huawai E270 HSPA USB modem on EeePC

When I ordered my new EeePc 901, I got price for the EeePC 901 GO, but recived the one without the GO. The pricee was OK, so I didn't want to send it back, but still the company I bought the EeePc from, wanted to correct there mistake. So they have send me an USB modem, of which I told them would work with linux. How very nice.





I had to put my sim into the modem, connected it to my Eeepc and voila. The modem was recognized and an application was fired up. I only had to change the APN to mworld.be and I was ready for some surfing.




Just for the record. I made the picture with my phone, transfered it with bluetooth to the EeePC and then went online using the modem to make this post, using my bleutooth mouse.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

JO3RI said...

It seems that the correct APN's for mobistar are:

internet.be (particulier)
iew.be (particulier)
web.pro.be (professioneel)