Tuesday, October 13, 2009

re-review Parrot PMK5800

More then a year ago, I bought the Parrot PMK5800. This device is a portable Bluetooth hands-free kit, FM Stereo Transmitter. The reason I bought this device, was that I wanted to be able to listen to the music on my phone, a SE W880i, with my car's stereo.



But I actually never used it. The reason? very poor sound quality. Way too much bass and the sound was completely distorted. So the device ended up in a box. I tried a lot of things: Adjusting the equalizer, changing phones (SE Z750i), tried an other car.

Some time ago, I received a new phone, a SE Z770i, but I forgot all about the Parrot PMK5800. It's only recently, I rediscovered the kit. Watching Ergo Proxy, I fell in love with the title song "kiri", made by Monoral. I wanted to listen to this song in my car, so I thought, why not give that Parrot an other try.

This time, I was able to change the phone's equalizer and the sound was exactly what it needed to be. It worked. So conclusion: If you buy an FM transmitter and the sound quality is very poor, it might very well be your phone not using the Bluetooth Stereo A2DP profile in the correct way.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

ket qua xo so said...

nice device.

how much your divice?